- - Casino - Hotel
- MI, USA
- Temporary - Full Time
The Front Desk Clerk, under the direction of the Front Desk Supervisor or Guest Services Supervisor, is responsible for accommodating hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, securing method of payment, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest's accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to guests. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Computes bill, posts charges, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Reconciles daily paperwork.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers.
- Reports safety and security hazards to proper authority.
- Keeps records of room availability and guest accounts.
- Promotes and sells all aspects of the property, including packages, tickets, and other promotions.
- Transmits and receives messages, sets wake up calls.
- Routes calls to guest's rooms, other departments and Sault Tribe businesses.
- Issues room keys.
- Answers inquiries, giving general information and processes calls.
- Maintains cash drawer.
- Completes end of shift reports.
- Communicates with housekeeping staff on room status.
- Handles paging for Casino complex.
- Maintains log of maintenance issues.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Complies with company and departmental policy and procedures.
- Assists Bell/Valet with luggage and parking vehicles.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, use of hearing and typing; frequent walking, pushing/pulling, use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, and color/field of vision and bending. Working conditions include frequent exposure to noise and air quality; occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include frequent computer and exposure to equipment and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and chemicals.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One year of experience working in the Hospitality industry preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.