- - Casino - Marketing
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The VP of Marketing and Sales, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for managing, directing, and supervising all activities related to advertising, public relations, marketing, sales, player development, player club and entertainment. The position is responsible for ensuring the departments are operating in an effective and efficient manner in accordance with the overall marketing and media plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Develops job descriptions, policies and procedures for Marketing, Entertainment, Player Development, Players Club and Sales for all Kewadin Casino properties.
- Develops the annual budget for board approval.
- Develops overall marketing strategies and implementation plans for Kewadin Casinos and the respective properties.
- Develops overall media strategies and implementation plans for Kewadin Casinos and the respective properties.
- Evaluates marketing performance to budget, projections and prior year results.
- Be proactive to industry markets and competition, marketing strategies and adjust the Kewadin strategies accordingly.
- Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, both internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
- Makes sure the policies and procedures are being followed and enforced under chain-of-commands.
- Assists with hiring, firing, and evaluating staff for Marketing, Entertainment, Player Development, Players Club and Group Tour/Sales.
- Monitors marketing, entertainment, player development, slot club and sales budgets to make sure they stay within the budget guidelines.
- Increases customer awareness and participation for all five Kewadin Casino activities.
- Coordinates and implements Kewadin Casinos overall marketing plan with the assistance of the executive leadership team.
- Combines and coordinates all five casino marketing strategies to develop joint promotions and special events for Kewadin Casinos.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers. Chief Executive Officer, Casino Managers, Hotel, Gaming Department, Chief Financial Officer, Food and Beverage Director, and all other Casino personnel necessary to complete job.
Confirm – Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include frequent standing, walking, kneeling, bending, lifting and sitting, use of hearing, color vision, driving, typing and listening and occasional use of near/midrange/far vision. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality, frequent exposure to wet/humidity and occasional exposure to weather; general office environment. Potential hazards include frequent computer use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing required; will accept Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Accounting/Finance, Communications/Journalism, Economics, Statistics or Math.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Director or above in casino marketing required; multi-property preferred. Minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience in marketing required; multi-property preferred.
Certification/License: Must have valid driver's license and comply with the annual review process thereof to meet insurability standards as set by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must have a criminal background investigation completed under the guidelines of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge in various computer programs including Microsoft Office preferred. General understanding of casino database systems preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Excellent leadership and motivation skills required. Excellent organization and planning skills required. Budget and mathematical skills required. Ability to communicate with team members and customers. Must have ability to work flexible shifts and days of the weeks including holidays.
Native American preferred.