- - Health
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Diabetes Program Manager, under the direction of the Community Health Program Manager, is responsible for managing the Sault Tribe Diabetes Program, diabetes grant and Nutrition services. The position is responsible for the coordination of grant activities, data coordination, oversight of educational services, supervision, and for providing direct patient care to improve diabetes control and outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Directs and coordinates program services related to diabetes education.
- Supervises Diabetes Case Coordinator/CHNs and Dietitians.
- Consults with staff, offering advice or recommendations on diabetes clinical management related issues.
- Provides oversight of diabetes grants and programmatic decisions.
- Consults with diabetic patients to define needs or problem area and works with patients' providers.
- Manages and coordinates grant activities.
- Conducts annual diabetes audit, reviews and disseminates results.
- Enters and submits audit and other grant-related data per requirements.
- Writes and submits project narratives and objectives per the grant guidance for grant applications and required reports.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides recommendations for diabetes care and education consistent with current standards of care per the American Diabetes Association and Endocrine Society.
- Attends grant meetings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers/clients, outside vendor/service providers and Indian Health Service representatives and grantors.
Position sedentary primarily sitting and lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near/midrange vision, color vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting; occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, far vision, depth perception, field of vision, travel and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather. Potential hazards include constant patient/client contact, exposure to needles, computer and medical equipment use; frequent infectious exposure, and equipment use and occasional exposure to chemicals.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's Degree in health related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of diabetes education, care and management experience required; 5 years preferred.
Certification/License: RN Licensure within State of Michigan required. Must maintain credentials for RN licensure. Certified Diabetes Educator or Diabetes Certification required. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality standards required. Knowledge of the current American Diabetes Association's and American College of Endocrinology's standards of diabetes care required. Knowledge of how to select, perform and interpret relevant diagnostic tests required. Knowledge of lifestyle and medication` therapies to manage diabetes required. Clinical judgment and problem-solving skills required. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with Medical Providers, patients, Board of Directors, Health Board, co-workers, supervisors, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet, data base software and navigating the internet required. Must have experience working with electronic health records and health and diabetes resource websites. Group education and presentation skills required. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts