- - Casino - Bar
- MI, USA
- $7.41/hr, plus tips
- Year Round - Full Time
The Bartender, under the direction of the Lead Bartender, is responsible for welcoming and serving guests food and drink in a courteous and timely manner and keeping work areas cleaned and stocked. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Mixes and serves guests drinks and food items.
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements to purchase alcohol.
- Ensures the bar is fully stocked and ready to serve guests.
- Cleans work and bar areas throughout shift and ensures areas are clean and stocked for next shift.
- Ensures no minors or intoxicated guests are served alcoholic beverages.
- Complies with T.I.P.'s guidelines for serving guests.
- · Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers.
- · Rotates inventory to ensure product sold is fresh.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Processes cash transactions and reconciles to point of sale system.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, Board of Directors and customers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling, and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold and dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, computer and equipment; occasional exposure to high/exposed places, insecticides/pesticides and client contact.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Experience working as a bartender or in the food service or customer service field preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a criminal background investigation under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of customer service standards required. Must have excellent appearance and personality. Must have basic math skills. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be adaptable. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to learn how to operate a telephone, POS system, glass washer, pop, and beer and liquor systems. Must be able to handle multiple transactions at the same time. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor personnel, coworkers and the general public. Native American preferred.