- - Banquets
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Catering Manager, under the direction of the Food and Beverage Director, is responsible for planning and organizing Banquet Department functions. The position is responsible for providing supervision over the Banquet Department's team members. The position is responsible for coordinating all food and beverage requirements for banquet functions. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains team member schedules and ensures staffing requirements are met.
- Ensures team members comply with the Company's customer service standards.
- Supervises, plans, and directs all activities of supervisors and team members within the Banquet Department, hires, and trains and motivates, and administers disciplinary actions and conducts performance reviews.
- Oversees activities of assigned groups and functions as the onsite contact for the guest or Meeting Planner.
- Maintains up-to-date group files to ensure proper coordination of sales commitment as well as customer needs.
- Enters information for Banquet Event Orders (BEO's) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitors payroll cost, food cost, and quality of product daily.
- Works with the Sales Department in handling Food and Beverage Sales.
- Handles Guest Complaints.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures team members comply with Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported accurately and in detail.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all team members.
- Attends seminars, classes, workshops, management meetings and training exercises as required.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Director with developing and monitoring budgets.
- Evaluates operational procedures, recommends changes and implements approved changes, as necessary.
- Performs job function of subordinate team members as required.
- Monitors service levels of all catering outlets.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position very heavy with team or dual lifting of objects over 100 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, frequent walking, use of hearing, near/midrange vision, typing, bending; occasional sitting, pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and driving (for what? how often). Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to electric shock, client contact and computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in banquet/catering management working in high volume operations required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. T.I.P.'s training required within 3 months of hire, training will be provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be able to perform basic math. Must have skills in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Must be able to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Knowledge of or ability to learn to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Must have a complete understanding of a Banquet/Catering Department functions. Must have strong leadership skills and team building abilities. Native American preferred.
REMUNERATION: $29,574 ($14.22 per hour)