- - Banquets
- MI, USA
- Part Time
The Dishwasher, under the direction of the Lead Cook, is responsible for cleanliness of dishes, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, utensils, and equipment. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Washes and sanitizes all restaurant plates, glasses, silverware, pans, trays and utensils.
- Empties garbage containers, sweeps and mops floors, coolers, etc.
- Operates and maintains the dishwashing machine.
- Keeps work areas, hallways, and walk-in coolers clean and sanitized by sweeping, mopping, cleaning surfaces, and emptying garbage containers.
- Keeps work area thoroughly clean and sanitized at all times.
- Cleans and sanitizes dish carts and racks, waitress trays.
- Cleans and sanitizes specific areas and surfaces as specified by supervisors.
- Maintains dish machine such as de-liming and checking soap and rinse levels.
- Removes dishes from the flip and sorts and stacks them according to banquet rooms and classifications.
- Fills holding containers completely with the correct dishes and rinses them before putting them in the machine.
- Changes silverware presoak solution as needed but not less than every two hours.
- Assists with basic maintenance of kitchen equipment.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Demonstrates safety with the operation of equipment
- Keeps floors clean and free of clutter, taking out trash, breaking down boxes.
- Complies with company and departmental policy and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments and immediate supervisor/manager.
Position type heavy with lifting of 100 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold and dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment; occasional exposure to high exposed places, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous experience working as dishwasher preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be dependable with a good work record. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Native American preferred.
REMUNERATION: $8.90 per hour
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts