- - Banquets
- MI, USA
- Temporary - Full Time
The Utility Worker, under the direction of the Banquet Manager, is responsible for the cleanliness of dishes, glasses, pots, pans, utensils and equipment and for keeping banquet rooms, hallways and dish areas clean and sanitary. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Washes and sanitizes all banquet plates, glasses, silverware, pans, trays and utensils.
- Operates and maintains the dishwashing machine and assists with special maintenance when required.
- Fills holding containers completely with the correct dishes and rinses them before putting them in the machine.
- Removes dishes from the flip and sorts and stacks them according to banquet rooms and classification.
- Changes silverware presoak solutions as needed but not less than every two hours.
- Maintains proper storage of all Banquet service ware and utensils.
- Assembles service ware in Banquets rooms for the set-up according to banquet event orders.
- Keeps work areas and hallways clean by sweeping, mopping, cleaning surfaces, emptying garbage containers and breaking down boxes.
- Assists in the breakdown of Banquet rooms at the end of functions.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other department, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Board of Directors and outside vendors/service providers.
Position is heavy with lifting of 100 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold and dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment; occasional exposure to high exposed places, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous kitchen experience in high volume restaurant operations preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be dependable. Must be a team player. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must have knowledge of or ability to learn to use cleaning supplies/chemicals properly. Must have knowledge of or ability to learn to use kitchen tools and equipment properly. Native American preferred.
REMUNERATION: $8.90 per hour
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts