- - Government - Administration
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Internal Auditor, under the direction of the Tribal Board of Directors, is responsible for planning and completing internal audit programs, specific to Tribal Governmental programs and entities (non-gaming).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Conducts and performs audits as prescribed in the Generally Accepted Government Auditing
- Standards (Yellow Book or GAGAS).
- Conducts and performs audits under requirements of Title 2 US Code of Federal Regulations Part 200, Part 225 and OMB Circular A-133.
- Conducts and performs audits under agreed upon procedures as requested by the Sault Tribe Board of Directors and/or its Audit Committee.
- Assists external Auditors as required during compliance and financial audits.
- Tests the operations and assists in designing financial controls, including risk management and assessment of the operation's effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determines the internal audit scope and develops annual plans.
- Obtains, analyzes, and evaluates accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Prepares and presents reports that document the audit process, results and findings.
- Documents systems of controls to ensure compliance with regulations and safeguard of assets.
- Compiles and reports deviations and variances from established regulations and procedures.
- Conducts cash, asset or inventory counts to ensure proper practices and safeguards are in place.
- Acts as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains open communication with management and audit committee.
- Conducts follow up audits to monitor management's responses.
- Identifies and recommends risk aversion measurers and cost savings.
- Engages in continuous education processes regarding applicable rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position sedentary with primarily sitting/lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of near/midrange/far vision, frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of hearing, typing; occasional carrying, lifting, reaching, manual handling, driving and bending. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management or Finance required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of Internal Audit experience required.
Certification/License: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have proven work experience as an Internal Auditor. Must have proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations. Advanced computer skills on accounting software and databases, including JDEdwards required. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports required. High degree of attention to detail and excellent analytical skills required. Must maintain sound independent judgment. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, co-workers and the general public Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts