- - Accounting
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Chief Financial Officer, under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for managing facilities, investments, projects and contracts as well as handling Tribal relationships with lending institutions, tribal members and the financial community. The position will handle financial planning; oversee compliance and regulatory issues as well as planning for facilities and infrastructure. The position is responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the financial activities of the Tribe by performing duties either personally or through subordinate supervisors and staff. The position is responsible for directing and controlling all aspects of the Tribe's non-gaming facilities and acts as Director and oversees all practices, budgets, and recommendations to the board for the following departments: Accounting, Insurance, Purchasing and Sault Tribe Construction, Tribal Transportation, Payroll and Facilities Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Oversees and provides leadership and direction for department operations.
- Oversees and monitors all personnel management activities, human resource processes, job restructuring and corrective action plans, hiring, firing, monitoring and evaluation performance, approve leave and assigning and delegating responsibilities.
- Oversees, directs and coordinates the organizations, financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investment and increase efficiency.
- Oversees, directs, plans and implements departmental policies and procedures, objectives, or activities of the enterprise operations to ensure continuing operations, maximize return on investments and increase productivity.
- Works and negotiates contracts or agreements with lending institutions or other organizational entities.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Works with and provides reports to the Sault Tribe Board of Directors on the finances of the organization.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with 25 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting and typing; frequent use of hearing, and occasional standing, walking, use of near vision, midrange and far vision, depth perception, color and field of vision, travel and bending. Physical factors include occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and frequent client contact.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration required.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of accounting, business or management experience required. Minimum of 5 years of experience working with business software required. At least 5 years of supervisory of staff required.
Certification/License:. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software Must have management and peer coordination skills. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.