- - Casino - Maintenance
- MI, USA
- Full Time
The Maintenance Specialist, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for performing skilled maintenance work at a professional level. The position is responsible for working in skilled trades such as electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, wall covering, carpeting, framing, construction, and welding. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Makes repairs on equipment or building areas as assigned.
- Evaluates emergency calls such as damage to the building or equipment to determine tools, equipment, and level of urgency
- Carry out course of action and report information to supervisor.
- Respond to emergency calls such as damage to the building or equipment requiring immediate attention.
- Troubleshoots situation to determine if outside help is needed for various areas such as HVAC, electrical and structural.
- Determines cost and materials needed for maintenance projects
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- · Develops and utilizes skills in trade areas.
- Assists other areas of maintenance as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trades and seeks training opportunities when available.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying of 25 pounds. Physical factors include: frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, use of near vision, depth perception, color vision and field of vision; occasional sitting, carrying up to 40 pounds, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing and pulling up to 100 pounds, crawling, manual handling, hearing, smell, midrange vision, far vision and bending. Working conditions include: frequent exposure to noise, vibration and air quality; occasional exposure to: weather, extreme heat, extreme cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include: frequent exposure to: moving mechanical parts, electric shock, high/exposed places, chemicals and equipment; with occasional exposure to infectious materials. Protective material needed to perform this position, includes: ear protection, eye protection and steel toed shoes or boots.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Five years of experience in specific trade preferred.
Certification/License: State License specific to position or completion of Apprenticeship program specific to position preferred. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have broad knowledge of building maintenance such as water, electrical, and equipment. Must be able to apply knowledge to perform tasks to meet public building codes. Must have knowledge, and ability to use tools and equipment of the trades. Ability to recognize limitations and not exceed them. Must have the willingness and ability to learn a variety of skills specific to position. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.
REMUNERATION: $11.59 per hour