- - Government - Elder Care Services
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Driver, under the direction of the Eldercare Services Division Director, is responsible for providing pre-arranged transportation for elders to and from non-emergency medical appointments. This includes but not limited to transporting to hospitals, regional medical facilities, health clinics and doctor offices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Conducts pre and post-trip inspections of GSA vehicles prior to every trip.
- Reports any accidents and passenger injuries to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Instructs passengers regarding their safety responsibilities.
- Drives defensively under varying traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Performs vehicle housekeeping duties inside and out.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records; services performed with dates, times, etc.
- Ensures safety of all passengers who will be transported by Elder Service Program.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Exhibits a positive image as an Eldercare Service Representative.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position very heavy with lifting objects over 100 pounds with frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and driving; frequent walking, lifting, reaching, occasional standing, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, manual handing, bending, use of smell and typing. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity; frequent exposure to vibration; occasional exposure to noise and air quality.
Education: No education requirement.
Experience: No experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must obtain Chauffeur's license upon employment. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of CPR preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have ability to operate all vehicle types used in transporting elders to their destinations. Must be willing traveling throughout the seven county service area of the Upper Peninsula and occasionally outside the seven county area and in the Lower Peninsula. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts