Student Services Assistant (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Youth Education and Activities
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Student Services Assistant, under the supervision of the Youth Services Coordinator, is responsible for assisting the Youth Services Coordinator with the coordination and implementation of direct services for Native American youth, preschool through 12th grade aimed at academic improvement, career choices, cultural growth, recreational, drug/suicide/bullying prevention and socialization that are consistent with goals of the Youth Education and Activities Program
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists with the development of program activities, recognition events and recruitment of program participants.
- Participates in all Youth Education and Activities (YEA) Program activities and assists with the supervision of the group.
- Assists with the monitoring of participants.
- Assists in enforcing program policies and procedures.
- Assists in teaching rules, techniques, and skills of all educational, cultural and recreational activities.
- Assists in establishing and completing goals that are consistent with the Youth Education and Activities Program goals.
- Assists with recruitment and organization of Council.
- Organizes supplies, resources, and sees that facility is kept in a fashion consistent with established policy.
- Maintains complete and accurate records regarding students' participation, subjects studied communication/correspondence with parent and/or teacher, and progress throughout duration of program.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists with keeping the program van clean and alerts the Youth Services Coordinator of vehicle maintenance needs.
- Transports program participants in company vehicles.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives and Board of Directors, customers, outside vendors/service providers and school staff.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, field of vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of depth perception, color vision and driving; and occasional carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include constant client contact; frequent computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and infectious exposure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree, Trade or Technical Certified in Education preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience working with youth required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must obtain Chauffeur's License certification within 60 days of hire. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet software. Math, English and reading skills required. Must be self-motivated. Time management skills preferred. Conflict resolution, negotiation and interpersonal skills preferred. Organizational skills preferred. Knowledge of Native American History & Tradition preferred. Must have excellent vice skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication public relation/customer ser with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Knowledge of CPR and First Aid required. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have physical and emotional endurance to work with youth for long periods of time while maintaining control and a pleasant atmosphere. Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts