Purchasing Director Open Until Filled
- - Purchasing Department
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Purchasing Director, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for the management and oversight of multiple departments including all administrative activities related to Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving and Northern Travel. The position is responsible for developing and directing the implementation of Organization's strategic plans and for directing and participating in development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures for the Divisions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Plans, coordinates and reviews the centralized Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving and Northern Travel activities.
- Provides direction, develops, manages and budgets for Purchasing Division; Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Controls, Northern Travel, Mail Service, and Warehousing.
- Directs the planning, implementation and administration of management systems providing products and services for the tribe.
- Ensures the overall goal of acquiring products and services at lowest possible cost is consistent with quality requirements.
- Ensures staff meets the order requests from departments and that product meets quality standards and prices requested.
- Monitor the processes for RFP, RFQ and Bids which includes supplier selection, evaluation, negotiating and contracting with and award of contracts.
- Performs value analysis including the ability to determine when to reduce cost while not sacrificing quality and enhances functionality of items being ordered while reducing cost.
- Monitors and evaluates inventory status, reduces obsolete inventory, determines carrying cost, analyzes storage areas, inventory turns while maintaining conscious of cash flow.
- Implements, supervises and participates in the developments of schedules, plans, work processes, and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and work standards.
- Oversees the financial management and budgeting of the division, develops, monitors and reviews status and approves all budgets and budget modifications.
- · Performs research and analysis of various markets, economic trends, consumer pricing, industry forecast, as well as, needs and trends for all departments within the organization.
- Oversees all personnel management activities, directing, supervising, interviewing, hiring, performance, disciplinary action, personnel leave request, payroll processing and updating job descriptions, personnel forms and records and review and analyzes statements and reports prepared by the Accounting Department or staff.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Acts as liaison to the Board of Directors, Tribal Administration and other Tribal departments regarding the Divisions critical issues, related politics or legislative concerns.
- Provides information to Executive Management and the Board of Directors as requested.
- Stays current with all forms of Business communication tools.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendors/service providers, manufacturers and suppliers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include frequent sitting and occasional walking, standing, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange, far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and typing and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical arts, electric shock, and high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure and client contact and equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Administration or Business related field required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience working in purchasing or warehouse operations required. Minimum of 2 years management experience required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software including internet and emails systems. Must have extensive knowledge of purchasing, shipping and receiving, supplies and materials, acquisitions, inventory distribution and control, accounting and inventory and business management. Knowledge and ability to use accounting software and inventory software preferred. Must have ability to interact with all levels of team members, demonstrate ability to professionally and effectively resolve issues, conflicts and system problems. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have excellent organizational and strategic management skills. Must have excellent project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must have a proven record of independent thinking and problem solving techniques. Must have excellent listening, interpretative, negotiating and diagnostics skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must maintain confidentiality. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Native American preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts