Count Team Verifier - Part Time/Reg.(Manistique & Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Accounting
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Count Team Verifier, under the direction of the Count Team Supervisor, is responsible for ensuring all slot machines are emptied of coin, currency, and tickets, and taken to the count rooms for the count and for counting and balancing on all negotiable currencies throughout the Casino complex. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Removes all monies from slot machines.
- Secures bill acceptors in bill acceptor cart.
- Records the counting of all monies taken in by the Casino.
- Wraps and/or bags all monies accurately.
- Ensures daily count is done and balances; reconciles cash and cash equivalents.
- Maintains customer safety while moving heavy carts throughout the Casino complex.
- Complies with all National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) count room procedures.
- Assists with the troubleshooting of equipment, conveyor systems, currency counters problems.
- Maintains daily contact with Accounting Department.
- Prepares and creates reports in SDS and excel from the data received from the count.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs functions for Count Team Counters as needed.
- Travel to and from other Kewadin Casinos is required.
- Transports sensitive documents to other Kewadin Casino locations.
- May transport team members to other Kewadin Casino locations as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, carrying/lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling and bending; frequent pushing/pulling, crawling, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; occasional sitting, climbing, use of smell, travel and typing. Working conditions include frequent exposure to extreme heat, noise, vibration and air quality, dimply lit areas, closed in spaces and occasional wet/humidity. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, computer use and equipment and occasional exposure to electric shock and chemicals.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous experience working as a Count Team Counter preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software, SDS, STC and Casino Marketplace. Must have knowledge of weigh scales and G & D 500, Cash pro or similar currency and ticket processing machines. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Computer trouble shooting skills preferred. Driver's license preferred. Must be able to travel. Must be flexible and available to work extended shifts and various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.