Project Assistant - Kincheloe Closing: Open Until Filled
- - Government - Housing
- Kincheloe, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Project Assistant, under the direction of the Operations Manager, is responsible for operating and maintaining the MS2000 Computerized Maintenance Management System. The position is responsible for accurate and timely payment of Housing Authority accounts payable for maintenance, modernization and services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Enters project information; i.e. labor and materials, from work orders into computer system.
- Processes accounts payable transactions.
- Performs administrative support duties such as answering phones, accepting rental payments, processing payroll etc.
- Maintains property management software system to ensure efficient operation and security by setting up individual housing staff accessibility.
- Brings priority development issues and concerns which may impact the property management system to the Operations Manager.
- Generates property management reports for Operations Manager and Housing Director.
- Assists the Operations Manager in developing policies and procedures for the property management system.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains policy and procedures manual for the property management system.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers and Housing residents,
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, typing; frequent use of near/midrange vision, color vision; occasional standing, walking, use of hearing and far vision. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional equipment use.
Education: Associates Degree in Accounting required; will accept Associates Degree in Business Administration.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working with computer data base software required. Experience developing policies and procedures preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have detailed knowledge of computer data base software. Must have extensive knowledge in data processing. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and the general public. Must have strong problem solving skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.