Assistant Executive Chef (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Assistant Executive Chef, under the direction of the Food and Beverage Director, is responsible for performing a wide range of duties related to the management of multiple kitchens; including but not limited to scheduling, guest relations, customer service, and personnel supervision. The position is responsible for all phases of food preparation which includes purchasing, proper handling, rotation, inventory, storage, menu creation, cost control and ensuring quality production in all food outlets. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Monitors food costs.
- Ensures all food items served are of the highest quality.
- Handles guest complaints.
- Coordinates activities and corrects problems within the department.
- Supervises and plans and directs activities of all kitchen team members which includes monitoring payroll, conducting performance appraisals, ensuring team members comply with company rules, regulations and procedures, administering all applicable disciplinary actions and ensuring staffing requirements are met.
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained for all team members and that all incidents are reported accurately and in detail.
- Establishes departmental policies and procedures.
- Complies with departmental and company rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Attends seminars, classes, workshops and management meetings as required.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication with team members and guests.
- Establishes departmental budgets and forecasts.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs job function of subordinate team members as required.
- Monitor service levels at all Casino locations.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing/walking, pushing/pulling, near/midrange/far vision, hearing, smell, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing and kneeling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality, frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold, dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years food service management in high volume operations required; 5 years preferred. Will accept an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree.
Certification/License: Culinary Certification from a trade or technical school required. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to prepare clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, policy and procedural drafts, and other written documents. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must have basic math skills. Must have understanding of records management systems. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have working knowledge of the Food and Beverage industry. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor personnel, coworkers, subordinates and general public. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must maintain confidentiality. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Native American preferred.