Administrative Secretary Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- - Behavioral Health
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Administrative Secretary, under the direction of the Behavioral Health Supervisor, is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial assistance to the Behavioral Health Clinicians. The primary focus is to assist these individuals in carrying out their non-clinical duties and responsibilities, which have a direct impact on the health care, provided at the Sault Tribal Health Center. The position is responsible for relieving Behavioral Health Clinical staff of administrative and clerical work. The position is responsible for assisting the Clinic Manager, Operations Manager and departmental supervisors in implementing program initiatives, AAAHC/CARF compliance issues, and other administrative duties as determined. The position is responsible for maintaining excellent client and public relations that serve the best interests of the Behavioral Health Program and the Health Division's mission, "Committed to giving you our Very Best".
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Answers telephone, schedules client appointments and greets visitors who are scheduled to meet with members of the Behavioral Health Clinical team.
- Monitors and communicates changes in team member's leave schedules to all applicable department supervisors; reviews departmental schedules and develops a system of reminders to staff for scheduled appointments, meetings, or other essential events.
- Composes correspondence that includes use of Behavioral Health terminology, letters of transmittal, memorandums and other Behavioral Health correspondence; types from recording, handwritten drafts and oral instructions; develops forms, memorandums and standard letterheads and prepares same for signature and replies to correspondence on routine and technical matters.
- Completes minutes or other meeting documentation and communicates meeting minutes, agendas, and meeting reminders with appropriate staff and departments.
- Assists in maintaining team member informational files for designated Behavioral Health staff to include but not limited to safety and infection control training/competence, and certifications and licensures.
- Maintains the filing system for Behavioral Health Clinical staff members and program. Helps coordinate administrative procedures with program staff that are fundamental to efficient team function; including but not limited to: proper set-up and closing of clinical charts, daily audits of clinical progress notes and billing ticket completion, maintenance of waiting lists, new referrals and requests for referrals and requests for Behavioral Health services, collect screening information from clients and referral sources, prepares screening information for case assignment by the Clinical Supervisor, and monitors timelines for clinical report completion.
- Assists supervisor or managers in Quality Improvement (QI) process including and not limited to performance improvement audits, chart reviews, site visit audits and preparation of monthly and annual program reports and utilization summaries.
- Completes client follow-up satisfaction surveys for the program with focus on customer service and in meeting the Health Division's Strategic plans.
- Assists manager or supervisor in processing any patient or customer complaints through to resolution of issue.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists in completing time and attendance processes (including any or all of the steps from recording time in Kronos, collecting time sheets or Kronos records as assigned.
- Checks and processes travel requests and supply requisitions, prepares purchase orders and disbursement vouchers as assigned.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing; frequent sitting; occasional standing, walking, carrying/lifting and reaching and bending. Potential hazards include constant computer use, frequent infectious exposure and client/patient contact.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Business or Secretarial field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years secretarial experience required; 3 years preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Must be able to understand and adhere to tribal, HIPPA and confidentiality standards for Health Care Programming. Knowledge of basic accounting practices required. Knowledge of office management, clerical functions, and customer service standards required. Advanced secretarial skills required. Must be able to present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must have advanced problem solving skills. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to utilize discretion and diplomacy with staff, clients, and customers. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.