Surveillance Manager II (Christmas & Manistique) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Surveillance
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Surveillance Manager, under the direction of the Executive Director of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians Gaming Commission, is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations and activities of the Surveillance Departments at Christmas and Manistique Kewadin Casino locations. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
- Oversees Surveillance Operators at Christmas and Manistique sites; schedules, verifies payroll, approves leaves, reviews / issues, and approves all disciplinary action, performance appraisal and trains team members.
- Leads, motivates and directs team members.
- Develops and monitors the Surveillance Department yearly budgets and provides updates to Executive Director.
- Monitors Point-of-Sale (POS) registers for suspicious activities.
- Verifies Error in Procedure (EIP) reports and forwards to Casino Manager and Executive Director (Gaming Commission).
- Monitors and directs all live and saved suspicious activities by team members and guests.
- Saves footage and prepares associated paperwork and submits to Gaming Commission and Sault Tribe Law Enforcement as needed.
- Conducts random and reasonable suspicion drug testing as assigned.
- Acts as a Gaming Commission representative when delivering confidential paperwork to team members.
- Inspects and verifies gaming equipment, when adding and removing slot machines (serial numbers, check for loose coin / tokens, incoming and outgoing trucks with slot machines are sealed with tamper proof seals).
- Verifies (Kobetron) eprom/flash card signatures on slot machines.
- Verifies and seals slot machine software (eprom/flash card) and/or access doors as needed.
- Sends all investigation documentation and logs to the Gaming Commission as requested.
- Updates Hard Count Weigh Scale for addition or deletion of slot machines as needed.
- Resets Hard Count Scale when requested.
- Utilizes the GLI lists for slot machines.
- Participates in developing and updating Surveillance Manual.
- Ensures Surveillance Operators comply with Surveillance manual.
- Prepares and submits Gaming Badge and Gaming Employee Information reports to Executive Director of the Gaming Commission as requested.
- Verifies, inputs and notifies all pertinent personnel information related to the Barred Databases for all 5 Kewadin sites daily.
- Verifies new cards going into the Vault / Cage have seals and ensures cellophane wrap is on each deck.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, Tribal Police Officers, and outside vendor/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 100 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting and use of hearing and occasional standing, walking, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, driving, typing and bending. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold and wet/humidity and noise. Potential hazards include electric shock; frequent infectious exposure, client contact, computer use; occasional exposure to high exposed places and equipment use. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Business preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of casino table games required. Knowledge of policies and procedures for each casino department preferred. Knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Knowledge of gaming verification equipment and slot machine compliance preferred. Knowledge of Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) for Surveillance Department preferred. Ability to identify cheating methods and illegal activities required. Ability to analyze and interpret numerical data preferred. Organizational skills and ability to plan and prioritize and manage work load required. Record keeping skills required. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts