Clinical Applications Coordinator SSM Open Until Filled
- - Health
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Implements and maintains information systems strategic plan for RPMS/EHR.
- Develops and maintains information systems procedures and standards focused on RPMS/HER.
- Maintains RPMS operating system and monitors service activities and system utilization.
- Ensures proper assignment of RPMS/EHR keys and user access for optimum security.
- Maintains contact with IHS and maintains RPMS/EHR technology patches and fixes.
- Plans, coordinates and provides staff development and training for information systems.
- Configures EHR, customizes system for users and supports information systems.
- Troubleshoots RPMS/EHR information systems.
- Coordinates efforts or repairs deficiencies and errors that occur in RPMS/EHR systems.
- Directs and completes local software testing, repairs, or requests corrections/enhancements.
- Coordinates with EHR Team, IT or OIT teams to implement packages, patches or fixes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains RPMS packages and/or assists other departments with packages.
- Provides RPMS/EHR education and training.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other department, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent walking, use of hearing; occasional standing, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, stooping, reaching, use of smell travel and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant client contact, computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, infectious exposure and equipment and medical equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Nursing or RPh (Registered Pharmacist) required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Clinical Application Coordinator required. Minimum of 1 year of professional experience working as a Medical Technologist, Registered Nurse (RN) or Nurse Practitioner or RPh required. Prior experience working with RPMS/EHR or other Electronic Medical Record required.
Certification/License: IHS Clinical Application Coordinator Preparation and Training Series and IHS RPMS/EHR Site Manager Training required. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Position required to be on-call 24 hours day/7 days a week for EHR Server Application and Configuration problems. Position must carry cell phone and computer to link in from remote locations. Must have knowledge of patient care services in ambulatory care environment. Must have working knowledge of RPMS/EHR applications and functions. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have public speaking skills. Must be able to resolve complex, demanding information system problems. Must be able to work with electronic health records and medical teams to resolve system problems. Must be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software and RPMS/EHR software. Must be able to work with no supervision. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Native American preferred.