Secretary (Convention Sales) Sault Ste Marie-Open Until Filled
- - Food and Beverage
- Sault Ste Marie , MI, USA
- Full Time
The Secretary, under the direction of the Catering Manager, is responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical, secretarial functions in support of the day-to-day operations of the Banquet Department. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs clerical duties such as typing correspondence, data entry and routing mail.
- Assists with the coordination and follow up of various projects.
- Answers telephone, directs calls and takes messages.
- Composes memos, letters and reports.
- Maintains filing systems for the Banquet Department
- Provides attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures that all projects assigned by the Food and Beverage Director and/or the Convention Services Coordinator are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Generates reports as assigned.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary – primarily sitting/lifting of maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant typing; frequent sitting, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; occasional standing, walking, carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, and occasional travel. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant computer use and frequent equipment use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years previous office experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge or ability to learn to use word processing and spreadsheet and database software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have excellent organizational skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing and by telephone and email. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to prepare clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, and other written documents. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.