Executive Host/Hostess Sault Ste Marie MI-Part Time Hourly
- - Gaming
- Sault Ste Marie , MI, USA
- Part Time
The Executive Host/Hostess, under the direction of the Director of Player Development, is responsible for promoting VIP level play and retention by developing customer loyalty, increasing visitation and bringing new business to Kewadin Casinos thru telemarketing, letter writing, promoting casino events, identify new players and promoting the benefits of Kewadin Casinos Players Club. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Monitors and provides reports as requested by Player Development Director.
- Evaluates and reviews VIP list and all player information.
- Contacts customers via floor time or telephone to offer complimentary services (Comps) according to guidelines set forth by Player Development Director.
- Assists and arranges VIP events and activities such as dinners, concert seating and skybox and outside events.
- Maintains contact with other Casino Departments on customer concerns to ensure details are handled appropriately.
- Stays informed about the Northern Rewards Club and the benefits of being a member and the importance of the customer using their card, local information about the city, places to stay, eat and shop or special events in the city, the benefits of Direct Mail and Comping/Point System, locations of departments within the Casino and Hotel complex and all Casino promotions, Hotel promotions, Entertainment functions and events at all Kewadin Casino properties.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Attends VIP planning meetings and VIP events as required.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and customers.
Position sedentary primarily sitting and lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant typing; frequent standing, sitting and occasional walking. Working conditions include frequent exposure to air quality and noise. Potential hazards include frequent computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software.Working Knowledge of Player Tracking Systems preferred. Working Knowledge of Hotel Tracking System preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.