- - Entertainment
- Sault Ste Marie , MI, USA
- Full Time
The Entertainment Manager, under the direction of the VP of Marketing & Sales, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Entertainment Department including supervisory and administrative work. This position is responsible for working hand in hand with selected agencies to coordinate and ensure the success of all entertainment events. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Creates excellent customer relationships and provides top notch customer service by following the company's Customer Service Standards.
- Manages the operational and fiscal activities of the department to include: staffing levels, budgets and financial goals.
- Plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and problems and develops solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Interviews and selects personnel and provides an organized on the job training program.
- Keeps records and makes administrative and personnel reports as necessary.
- Plans staff work schedules according to projected work levels and maintains time keeping systems.
- Works with agencies to develop innovative ideas for upcoming events.
- Signs and reviews offer sheets with the VP of Marketing & Sales and Casino General Manager to authorize agency to begin negotiations with entertainers and acquires signatures from VP of Marketing and Sales, Casino General Manager, and Chief Executive Officer of the final draft of all Entertainment contracts negotiated.
- Reviews, signs and approves all artist requests submitted by agencies.
- Sets ticket prices.
- Schedules and oversees lounge acts.
- Ensures check requests and disbursement voucher, are submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ticket stock ordering, sales and inventory.
- Monitors entertainment contracts to ensure agencies adhere to Kewadin Casino guidelines.
- Monitors agencies to ensure they are fulfilling their duties obligated by contract.
- Promotes team building, coaching, mentoring and provides leadership to team.
- Completes all mandatory supervisory and management trainings.
- Attends all meetings.
- Fills in for Production Lead, Production Assistant, and/or Box Office Ticket Vendor as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying of 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking and use of hearing; frequent sitting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional use near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise, vibration and air quality and occasional exposure to weather. Potential hazards include frequent computer use and exposure to equipment; occasional exposure to electric shock and moving mechanical parts.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent is required. Bachelor's Degree in Event Management, Business Management, Marketing, Event Planning or related field is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in management or entertainment field is required.
Certification/License: Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of the basic structure and content of the English language is required. Knowledge of entertainment process booking, contracts, riders, production and backline is required. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing, spreadsheet, accounting, email and data base software. Familiarity with social networking and other Web 2.0 marketing tools is preferred.
Must have strong customer service skills and ability to work in a dynamic team environment. Must have advanced knowledge of large scale audio and lighting gear. Must have basic trouble shooting skills for electronics, lighting and audio equipment. Must possess excellent communication skills and effective public speaking skills. Must have strong contract negotiation skills. Must be able to problem solve and have analytical skills. Must have excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, project management and administrative skills. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able read, analyze and interpret written documents and reports. Must possess mathematical skills, including: ability to work with mathematical concepts and ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance. Must have reasoning skills, including: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, deductive and inductive reasoning. Must be able to develop budgets. Must have the ability and willingness to interact with a wide range of people and establish effective working relationships. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Position required being on-call to address business needs. Must be able to handle busy and stressful situations. Must be results driven. Native American preferred.