Accounting Clerk VK-Sault Ste Marie-Closes 1/16/2019
- - Accounting
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Accounting Clerk, under the direction of the Accountant/Senior Accountant, is responsible for auditing assigned areas of the Kewadin Casino Gaming Authority and ensures accurate and timely financial reports are generated from the information received from all areas of the Kewadin Casinos Gaming Authority operation and performance. The position must provide attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, both internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs daily audits and adjustments of accountability reports from all areas of casinos (gaming and non-gaming).
- Inputs and reconciles information on spreadsheets and operating system uploads from which general ledger journal entries are extracted.
- Posts journal entries to JD Edwards (Accounting software) and forwards to supervisor(s) for review.
- Summarizes errors and overages/shortages found on the audited information and forward to supervisor(s) for review.
- Audits fills/credits/jackpots/beefs/deposits and traces to source documentation and cage.
- Reads slot machine/progressive game meters and records information as required in the MICS.
- Audits, reconciles, and balances the vaults, coin banks, and drawers daily by shift.
- Audits and records table gaming information for the day, month, and year-to-date on the comparative games summary report in a timely manner.
- Audits Keno, Bingo, Pulltabs and other casino games on a daily basis by shift audits in compliance with MICS requirements.
- Prepares Daily Slot Summary Report and reconciles to source documents.
- Review W-2g, 1042s, and 1099 information daily to ensure compliance with /to IRS code.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures discrepancies are brought to the supervisor's attention immediately.
- Adheres and complies to Kewadin Casinos Gaming Authority policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings and required training.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments and immediate supervisor/manager.
Position is light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting and occasional carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Prior accounting office experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have mathematical and reasoning skills. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must ensure that information and reports are audited, balanced, and posted on a daily basis and in an accurate and timely manner. Must be adequately adept at problem solving in multiple areas. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts