Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor Closing: 01-15-19
- - Government - Administration
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for guiding and supervising building operations, inspections, and maintenance for Tribal facilities falling under the Facilities Department. The position is responsible for performing a wide variety of difficult to complex tasks including but not limited to the organization, planning, scheduling, performing, and delegating duties to the Facilities Management team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Supervises a wide range of difficult to complex activities related to operations, including implementation of policies and procedures and personnel management.
- Reviews and approves essential administrative/accounting based responsibilities. i.e. DV's, Purchasing Requisitions, space costs, lease addendums, work logs and leave requests. Conducts interviews and issues disciplinary action according to established organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides maintenance, housekeeping and janitorial oversight of 40+ Sault Tribal owned buildings.
- Contacts and oversees bid and proposal processes.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) regarding capital expenditure budgets and financial accounts pertaining to Tribal facilities falling under Facilities Department.
- Ensures building repairs are made and buildings are safe and meet applicable Federal, State, OSHA, City and Sault Tribe Codes and Safety requirements.
- Performs and oversees electrical, plumbing, carpentry and other skilled tasks on the interior and exterior of the buildings, i.e. repairs and maintenance, installation, diagnostic/evaluation.
- Travels throughout 7 county service area to on a regular basis to perform site visits and ensure safety standards are met.
- Develops standard operating procedures, including internal control standards and customer service standards.
- Ensures compliance with standard operation procedures and applicable laws and regulations as they relate to the operations of the Facilities Management Department.
- Must be available to respond to emergency situations and maintenance calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays and weekends.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Oversees Facilities Department construction and capital expenditure projects.
- Participates in the planning, research and development of capital projects
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing and midrange vision; frequent standing, walking, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, reaching, use of smell, field of vision, bending, and driving; and occasional sitting, carrying/lifting, kneeling, crawling and use of depth perception and color vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather and occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and vibration. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, and equipment, and occasional exposure to high exposed places, insecticides/pesticides and infectious exposure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Facilities Maintenance preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years working in maintenance related field with supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of carpentry trade and practices required. Knowledge of HVAC systems and electrical and plumbing trades required. Must have knowledge of OSHA and company safety rules and regulations and safety codes required. Knowledge of housekeeping functions preferred. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. . Knowledge of Tribal Budgeting process. Knowledge and application of computer heating and cooling systems. Good knowledge of math, blue print and construction specification reading and be able to calculate building space costs. Must have the ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time. Must have ability to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an effective and positive manner. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, JD Edwards & Kronos. Ability to resolve conflict and to maintain tact and professional demeanor under duress. Must be able to work independently. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts