Receptionist - Big Bear Arena (Part Time) Open Until Filled
- - Government - Chi Mukwa Recreation Center
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Part Time
The Receptionist, under the direction of the Events Manager, is responsible for greeting customers, answering telephones, directing customers, processing registration paperwork and payments, performing routine clerical work, maintaining customer logs and assisting in all areas of the facility as needed. The position is responsible for providing and distributing information about the facility to the general public and promotes facility events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Greets and directs customers to the appropriate area.
- Answers telephones, takes message and directs calls as needed.
- Processes program registration payments on the point of sale system.
- Prepares and maintains daily paperwork including inventory sheets, customer logs and key distribution.
- Provides and distributes information about the facility to the general public and promotes facility events and activities.
- Launders facility towels, linens, skirts, t-shirts and event supplies as needed.
- Operates the facility sound system as required for events and activities.
- Processes skate and snow shoe rentals as needed, distributes rental skates and snow shoes and assists with skirting tables and fills beverage vending machines.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Works in other areas of the facility such as Concessions, Pro Shop, and Weight Room as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position has lifting of 20 pounds, and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant using of hearing, near/midrange vision, frequent standing, walking, bending, far vision, typing; occasional pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, depth perception, color/field of vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to noise. Potential hazards include constant client contact and computer use and occasional exposure to chemicals, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years customer service or clerical experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of customer service practices required. Knowledge of telephone techniques required. Knowledge of Point of Sale system preferred. Knowledge and ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Knowledge of methods and procedures for filing, typing and organizing office preferred. Knowledge of cash handling procedures preferred. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to adapt to change. Coordination and organizing skills required. Multi-tasking and prioritizing skills required. Must be able to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action. Must be able to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner. Must be able to promote good public relations in a cooperative, productive working environment. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts