Lead Cook (Christmas) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Lead Cook, under the supervision of the Assistant Restaurant Manager or Assistant Executive Chef or Cafeteria Manager or Restaurant Manager III, is responsible for all phases of food preparation, proper handling and rotation of food products, safety standards and cleanliness of the workplace. The position is also responsible for the daily supervision of team members. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Checks cooler, freezer, and dry storage inventories and coordinates product requisitions with other Cooks.
- Assists management with scheduling, inventory, ordering and all other duties as assigned daily in all food outlets.
- Creates daily prep list, assigns tasks and maintains prep logs; status of prep work, problems and/or complaints.
- Reads current menus to forecasts; business needs and uses all available information to prepare for expected levels of business; special functions, banquets and off premise deliveries.
- Checks all stations/lines for set up supplies and the proper handling of food including time and temperature control.
- Supervises and participates in the cooking and the dishing up of all foods handled.
- Ensures all food products are served in a timely manner.
- · Communicates to staff the status of prep work to the following shift.
- Ensures food products are prepared are served according to Kewadin Casinos Standards.
- Ensures recipes are followed.
- Communicates with staff and supervisors on daily business issues.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Controls cost and waste by minimizing spoilage, maintaining adequate food supplies and utilizing food surplus and portion control.
- Maintains a safe, clean and sanitary kitchen at all times.
- Performs job functions of subordinates as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position type heavy with lifting of 100 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold and dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment; occasional exposure to high exposed places, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Three years of supervisory experience or five years of cooking experience working in a high volume restaurant or 5 years of combined supervisory and cooking experience working in in a high volume restaurant preferred.
Certification/License: Culinary Certification preferred. Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Detailed organizational skills required. Knowledge of inventory cost and payroll processing preferred. Basic math skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts