Administrative Assistant (Sawyer Village Gwinn, MI) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Sawyer Village
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Administrative Assistant, under the supervision of the Property Manager, is responsible for performing clerical and secretarial functions required in effective operation of 275 rental homes, three hangars, two apartment buildings, a day care facility, a shoppette, and adjacent property located at Sawyer Village and Eagle Ridge.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Receives calls to schedule maintenance and storage appointments and creates work order.
- Collects residential rents and deposits, storage rent, entering amounts into Tenant Pro, prints receipts and placing in secure lockbox.
- Processes applications by running credit checks, landlord checks, employment checks and criminal background history and notifies applicant by letter and/or phone of decisions.
- Schedules appointments and shows of homes to perspective residents.
- Prepares residential and storage leases, court paperwork, and disbursement vouchers and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Makes bank deposits and mail deliveries to post office.
- Prepares welcome baskets and folders for new residents. Responsible for reviewing folder with new resident upon move in.
- Maintains current resident, storage, and vendor files, current and past tenant, and vacant unit tracking log, payment agreement log, and key control log, and monitoring and distributing money from petty cash lock box.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Prepares bi-monthly resident newsletter and organizes timely delivery.
- Assists in bi-annual maintenance inventory and updating MS2000 once inventory completed.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, immediate supervisor/manager, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position is light: lifting of 20 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smelling, near, midrange and far vision, depth perception, color vision, field of vision and typing; frequent sitting, driving and bending; and occasional standing, walking, carrying 10 pounds, lifting 20 pounds, climbing, reaching and manual handling. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme cold and wet/humid; and, occasional extreme heat. Potential hazards include constant computer and equipment use; frequent infectious exposure and patient and/or client contact.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Business preferred.
Experience: 5 years of experience in secretarial field required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Must have valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge of Tenant Pro. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have working knowledge of Print Shop. Must have working knowledge of MS2000. Organization skills required. General accounting skills required. Verbal and communication skills required. Must be able to perform complex secretarial duties administrative in nature. Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must maintain confidentiality and work with confidential information. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts