Housekeeping Supervisor (Casino) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Housekeeping
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Housekeeping Supervisor, under the direction of the Executive Housekeeper or Casino Manager, is responsible for ensuring the Housekeeping Department is operating in an effective and efficient manner while meeting the Company's customer service standards. The position is responsible for supervising of staff. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs all duties of subordinates including, handling customer relations, questions and/or complaints, as well as cleaning duties.
- Directs and supervises all Casino Porters to including scheduling, discipline, performance reviews and entering and approving leave time and for processing payroll.
- Assists with hiring recommendations and terminations as needed.
- Ensures all Housekeeping personnel meet or exceed department cleaning standards.
- Assists with maintaining inventory to ensure all necessary supplies are on hand.
- Makes routine assessments of housekeeping equipment and makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Monitors and assesses housekeeping equipment and ensures repairs are completed.
- Schedules and ensures assigned projects, including items such as the cleaning of drapes, walls, floors and carpets are done on a regular basis.
- Works with outside vendors on cleaning projects when needed.
- Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) booklet to ensure that it is current with chemicals in use with the Housekeeping Department.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Must comply with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must complete all mandatory supervisory and management trainings.
- Must attend all mandatory meetings.
- Assists in developing and monitoring department budget to ensure efficient operation when needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending; frequent climbing, typing; occasional sitting and pushing Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality; frequent exposure to weather, extreme heat, noise, vibration and occasional exposure to wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant exposure to high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, client contact, infectious exposure, needles/syringes, computer use; frequent equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts. Protective clothing/equipment needed to perform the job includes safety glasses, gloves and dusk masks as needed.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year housekeeping/janitorial experience preferred with one year working in a supervisory/management capacity preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission if required for location. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have reading, writing and math skills. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication with other departments and guests. Knowledge of or the ability to learn the cleaning methods and practices used in the janitorial field. Must possess excellent communication skills, and work well with the public. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts