Food Operations Manager (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Restaurant
- MI, USA
- Depending on Experience
- Year Round - Full Time
The Food Operations Manager is responsible for scheduling, guest relations, and customer service and personnel supervision. The position is responsible to oversee all phases of food preparation, purchasing, proper handling, inventory rotation, storage, menus, safety, and cost controls. The position must ensure quality products are served in Food Outlet areas including, restaurants, delis, cafeterias, banquets, and mobile venue venues. The position has oversight of all food outlets on property to include retaruant, deli, banquets, cafeteria and concessions. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Creates and monitors budgets.
- Schedules team members to ensure staffing requirements are met while monitoring payroll costs and is responsible to ensure payroll is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures all facets of food preparation to include purchasing, proper handling, rotation, inventory, storage, menus, safety, and cost controls are maintained.
- Supervises, plans and directs activities of Food Outlet supervisory staff and team.
- Monitors service levels of Food Outlet team members assigned within those areas.
- Ensures all financial transactions are completed in compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring completed paperwork and variances for all team members within the food outlet departments.
- Ensures team members comply with Company and departmental policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Evaluates operational procedures, recommends changes and implement approved changes as necessary.
- Coordinates activities and corrects problems within the departments.
- Directs and administers applicable disciplinary actions.
- Continually develops and improves core services standards.
- Maintains a high level of customer service and correct operational procedures.
- Handles guest complaints and addresses guest service needs and resolves any service related problems or issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication with team members and guests.
- Monitors food cost, and quality of product daily including monthly inventory.
- Manages portion control, food consistency, waste and quality of products.
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed.
- Attends seminars, classes, workshops and management meetings as required.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all team members and ensures all incidents are reported accurately and in detail.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Must be able to perform functions of subordinate team members as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers, outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing and bending and occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme hot/cold and dimly lit conditions and occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment and occasional exposure to high exposed places, insecticides/pesticides and needles/syringes.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Business or Culinary Arts preferred. Trade or Technical Culinary School Certificate preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of food and beverage management experience working in high volume operations required.
Certification/License: Sanitation Certification required within first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. T.I.P.'s Certification required within first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of all facets of restaurant operations required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must possess strong correspondence skills when addressing team member or quest concerns. Must possess the ability to apply mathematical skills in conjunction with accountability and profit analysis. Must be able to prepare, organize and maintain all records pertaining to the food outlet areas. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts