Lead Guest Room Attendant (White Pine Lodge, Christmas MI) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - White Pine Lodge
- Christmas, MI, USA
- $11.75 per hour
- Year Round - Part Time
The Lead Guest Room Attendant, under the supervision of the Assistant Manager and General Manager, is responsible for inspecting the hotel rooms completed by the Guest Room Attendants and ensuring hotel rooms are properly cleaned and stocked to Company standards. The position is also responsible for maintaining stock levels in storage rooms, assisting in laundry and training new team members. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Inspects hotel rooms completed by the room attendants to ensure rooms are properly cleaned.
• Inspects housekeeping carts for proper stocking and organization.
• Inspects public areas of Hotel for cleanliness.
• Handles customer relations, questions and/or complaints.
• Cleans hotel rooms and public areas as needed.
• Assists in preparing the daily assignments for each team members.
• Works in laundry as needed.
• Reconciles computer to ensure rooms are upgraded for proper room status.
• Assists with removing extra items used in rooms; i.e. refrigerators, roll-a-way beds, trash.
• Assists with the stocking of linens and supplies in storage areas.
• Assists with inventory maintenance and stocking levels.
• Assists with removing soiled linens from floors and transporting to laundry room.
• Assists with maintaining lost and found for Hotel guests.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Complies with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
• Completes all mandatory supervisory and management trainings.
• Attends mandatory meetings.
• Assists with staff evaluations and handles performance issues and disciplinary actions as needed.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments and customers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of hearing; frequent pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, bending and occasional exposure to infectious exposure, typing and sitting. Working conditions constant exposure to noise and air quality, frequent exposure to extreme heat and wet/humidity and occasional exposure to cold. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals; frequent computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, exposure to insecticides/pesticides and needles/syringes.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year room cleaning experience in the Hospitality industry preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, subordinates, supervisors and guests. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Knowledge of cleaning practices, cleaning chemicals, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) preferred. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet and data base software e-mail communication and timekeeping systems preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be able to work under pressure at a rapid pace and handle difficult situations. Must maintain confidentiality. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing. Native American preferred.