Gift Shop Manager-Full Time/Regular/Exempt-Open Until Filled
- - Gift Shop
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Gift Shop Manager, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, Casino General Manager or Casino Manager I or II, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Gift Shop including supervisory and administrative work. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Develops, completes and manages the budget for the daily operations of the Gift Shop.
- Evaluates and purchases gift shop merchandise.
- Maintains inventory to ensure minimum shrinkage, supervises and participates in the monthly inventory of merchandise and stock.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports as required for financial reporting.
- Merchandise ordering includes but is not limited to. Requisitions put into inventory management system, merchandise arriving, creating new products and numbers in system and getting information for new vendors.
- Meets with vendors and product representatives.
- Work with Marketing Department on promotional needs.
- Meets, greets, and assists public in selecting gifts and merchandise.
- Changes displays regularly with the consideration to buying audience and season and works with staff on stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Plans team member work schedules according to projected work levels.
- Interviews and selects sales personnel and provides and on-the-job training program.
- Maintains and updates Gift Shop records.
- Makes administrative and personnel reports as necessary.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures team members work to meet or exceed all Casino and Departmental Customer Service Standards.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing and bending; frequent standing, walking, sitting; and occasional pushing/pulling, stooping, reaching, manual handling and travel. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Retail Management or Business related field preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience of supervisory or management experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of inventory management preferred. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Extensive knowledge of merchandising techniques, store display, and selling methods. Knowledge of retail management, promotion, and marketing methods. Knowledge of point-of-sale and inventory control systems preferred. Must be able to generate and analyze financial reports and other related inventory reports. Must be able to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates and guests. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts