USDA Truck Driver Closing: Open Until Filled
- - USDA
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Truck Driver, under the supervision of the Program Director (USDA), is responsible for the transportation of all USDA and Department of Defense (D.O.D.) food to the Sault Tribe's food distribution sites in a 15 county service area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Delivers food to tailgate distribution sites monthly.
- Distributes and assists Tribal clients with their food order.
- Upkeeps and schedules maintenance of delivery vehicles.
- Maintains and sanitizes warehouse work areas, coolers, dry storage facilities by performing light janitorial work, i.e. sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning.
- Loads, unloads and inventories all USDA FDPIR food products.
- Assists in monthly warehouse inventory.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Enters client data in the Automated Inventory System (A.I.S.) as needed.
- Complete AIS monthly inventory in the absence of the Warehouse Foreman.
- Assists with AIS software updates when necessary.
- Assists with tailgate scheduling.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant manual handling, use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, driving, bending, pushing/pulling, climbing and typing. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality; frequent exposure to weather; occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant client contact; frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure, equipment use; occasional exposure to electric shock and high exposed places.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Certification/License: Must have or obtain CDL with Airbrake Endorsement within 90 days of hire. Knowledge of State Certification for Distribution Trucks and Equipment preferred. Will be required to submit and pass a pre-employment drug test as required by State and Federal Guidelines for CDL license and CDL Class A license. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of or ability to learn to use word processing, spreadsheet, data base and automatic inventory software required. Knowledge of tribal communities in a 15 county service area preferred. Knowledge of warehouse functions according to USDA and FDPIR regulations preferred. Knowledge of local vehicle and warehouse equipment repair firms preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts