Events Coordinator Closing: Open Until Filled
- - Government - Chi Mukwa Recreation Center
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Events Coordinator, under the direction of the Assistant Events Manager, is responsible for serving as building supervisor, facility liaison, and ensuring proper implementation of all events. The position is responsible for solving staff, customer and event related problems. The position is responsible for ensuring facility schedules are adhered to and for enforcing all known facility policy and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Meets logistical needs of events scheduled in facility.
- Ensures facility schedules are adhered to.
- Solves event, schedule, customer and staff problems.
- Supervises facility staff in all departments after normal business hours.
- Ensures compliance from customers and staff of facility policies and procedures.
- Ensures cleanliness of facility.
- Handles team member call in/no shows, will cover as needed in facility departments.
- Summons medical attention/completes incident reports as needed.
- Serves as liaison between facility and customers.
- Makes suggestions for improvement on future events.
- Ensures proper end of shift procedures in all departments.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Works in other areas of the facility such as Reception, Pro Shop, Concessions, Weight Room and other retail areas during extremely busy traffic flow throughout the facility.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, manual handling, typing and bending; occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling, reaching and travel. Working conditions include frequent exposure to extreme cold and noise and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat, wet/humidity, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant client contact and computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure, needles and syringes and equipment/medical equipment.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Sports/Recreation, Management, Business, Communications or Education or 2 years of experience in sports-related position required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must have knowledge of contract language and rules. Must have knowledge of First Aide and CPR. Must have knowledge of public facility set-up and procedures. Knowledge of sports and recreation management preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have good project management skills; provide strong leadership, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays. Must be able to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner. Must be able to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action. Must be able to work with little to no supervision. Native American preferred.