Chief Executive Officer Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Administration
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Chief Executive Officer, under the direction of Sault Tribe Gaming Authority is responsible for the management, direction and oversight of all Kewadin Casinos Gaming.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth as an organization.
• Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
• Plan, develop and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
• Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
• Develop, mentor and coach program directors and managers.
• Participate in both short and long-term strategic planning of business endeavors which focuses on internal operations.
• Demonstrates effective leadership qualities and management techniques.
• Ensures all business activities are in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Tribal, Federal requirements and any applicable rules and regulations.
• Analyzes data and makes precise decisions to improve revenue flow, efficiencies and profitability.
• Participates in the preparation, implementation and approval processes of budgets and monitors budgets regularly assisting in resolution and modification processes.
• Demonstrates by example an impeccable level of customer service with both internal and external customers and develops camaraderie within the workplace.
• Serves as a liaison to the Tribal Gaming Authority and Tribal Board of Directors and provides regular reports regarding operational, financial and updates on critical issues and concerns.
• Participates in mentoring and training for the development of management and leadership skills of the Management Team Members and Departmental Managers.
• Oversee the consolidated Casino department and Management Team meetings to review and address common concerns and issues.
• Participates in Tribal Committees and associations representing the Sault Tribe to enhance Gaming, economic development and other related activities
• Facilitates business and strategic plan development and ensures department plans are reflective of the Company's overall goals.
• Labor Relations expertise.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
• Must be action oriented and innovative. S/he translates broad goals into achievable steps. S/he anticipates and solves problems and takes advantage of opportunities, is a self-starter and team player.
• All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with 25 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting and typing; frequent use of hearing, and occasional standing, walking, use of near vision, midrange and far vision, depth perception, color and field of vision, travel and bending. Physical factors include occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and frequent client contact.
Experience: 10 years in Senior management and executive experience in gaming.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have public speaking skills and be able to effectively present and communicate with the entire organization and the general public. Must possess thorough knowledge of the hospitality and gaming industry. Must have good project management skills and be able to direct multiple projects, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and resolve issues. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email and in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, subordinates, supervisors and customers. Must have advance problem solving and analytical skills. Must have knowledge of employment and gaming laws. Must have thorough knowledge of spreadsheets and financial statements. Must have effective leadership skills and be a role model to team members. Must have excellent organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must be team oriented. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.