Administrative Assistant (Sault Tribe Construction) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Public Works
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Part Time
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Project Manager, is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Project Manager and for performing the clerical and secretarial functions for Sault Tribe Construction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Performs secretarial duties which include typing, letters, memos, forms and reports.
- Prepares and inputs daily information into Gantt chart (job progress chart) on all jobs.
- Answers telephone calls, faxes, copies, files and schedules meeting and trainings.
- Assists Project Manager with project job costing.
- Coordinates travel accommodations for staff.
- Processes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Processes requisition forms, purchase orders and disbursements vouchers.
- Processes billing to vendors and reconciles monthly statements from vendors.
- Processes payroll and leave requests.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Maintains office work area by performing light janitorial work which includes sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning of bathroom.
- Maintains office and cleaning supplies.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, Executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position is sedentary, primarily sitting/lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, smelling, near, far, midrange vision, depth perceptions, color and field of vision and typing; and occasional standing, walking, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of 10 pounds, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and bending. Working conditions include constant noise and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat and cold, wet and humidity. Potential hazards include constant computer use and exposure to office equipment, cleaning equipment and chemicals, and cell phone; and, occasional client contact.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Administration or related field Clerical or Office Management preferred.
Experience: Two years secretarial or office administration experience preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have basic math skills. Must have excellent computer skills including the use of data and word processing software. Must be able to work with little to no direct supervision. Must be able to perform all duties in a satisfactory and timely manner and carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions. Must be able to type 50 words per minute. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including correct use of grammar and spelling, and ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy required. Knowledge of Tribal budgeting process preferred. Must be able to effectively present information in one on one and small group settings. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts