Director of Commercial Development (Sault Ste. Marie) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Economic Development
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Director of Commercial Development, under the direction of the EDC Executive Director, is responsible for a wide range of complex administrative functions related to finances, accounting, marketing and promotion of businesses, staffing and developing and coordinating the financial performance and profitable operations of the identified and assigned commercial ventures and related departments and for performing and maintaining effective operations. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibilities to appropriate team members.
- Develops policies and procedures for Commercial operations.
- Develops, reviews and monitors budgets
- Coordinates the promotion and advertising for commercial operations and ventures.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, creates and monitors budgets.
- Ensures team members adhere to departmental and Company policies and procedures.
- Participates with the establishment and monitoring of enterprise service standards.
- Manages assigned commercial enterprises and related department team members and evaluates work of assigned personnel, completes performances evaluations and addresses performance related items and training needs.
- Participates in strategic planning for the Sault Tribe EDC.
- Promotes business through regional development initiatives.
- Assists in assessing new business acquisitions and startups.
- Represents the Company at local, regional and state industry events.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Promotes the Tribe for future growth.
- Utilizes technology to maximize business opportunities.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position lifts objects over 100 pounds with team or dual lifting and frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell; frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing; occasional carrying/lifting and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise and vibration. Potential hazards include constant computer use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or business related field required. Five years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for degree.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience working in business operations at a minimum level of commercial enterprise manager required.
Certification/License: Will be required to have a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Must have valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge of project management and training material development. Must have working knowledge of practices and formats for development and strategic planning and project management. Must have strong financial and analytical skills. Must have strong understanding of commercial retail industries. Must have strong presentation skills both verbal and written. Must have a thorough understanding of and sales software programs. Must be able to lead, coach and mentor peers fostering unity and teamwork. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers, subordinates and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts