Maintenance Technician-Non Routine (Kincheloe) Closes - 11/12/2019
- - Demawating Development
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
Under the direction of the Real Estate Manager, the Maintenance Technician – Non Routine performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks to maintain and repair residential, commercial, and vacant properties managed by DeMawating Development.
- Oversees daily operations, maintenance of equipment, compliance to safety regulations and procedures and identifies and implements corrective actions in regards to maintenance operations and equipment upkeep.
- Orders and receives materials for capital expenditure projects, unit turnover and maintenance projects.
- Repairs and/or replaces or installs new plumbing fixtures, pipe and water lines, water heaters and unclogs sewer/drain lines, clears and maintains stoppages in sinks, toilets and sewer lines.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electrical components and fixtures.
- Performs rough and finished carpentry tasks including hanging, finishing, priming and painting drywall.
- Performs painting on exterior of units, pressure washing, caulking, priming and painting a variety of surfaces.
- Provides contractors with necessary supplies and materials needed to complete capital projects.
- Drives vehicle to remove trash from vacant homes, curbsides, streets and yards.
- Operates lawn equipment to perform grounds work, raking, grass cutting, and weed eating.
- Operates vehicle and equipment to remove snow and ice from walkways, driveways and roofs.
- Repairs and/or replaces entry doors, garage doors, windows and screens.
- Maintains and repairs furnaces.
- Cleans vacant homes and offices.
- Performs annual unit inspections.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with tenants, vendors, contractors and team members.
- Accurately records subtractions and additions to inventory, including proper logging and assisting in reconciling inventory on a quarterly and annual basis.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position lifts objects over 100 pounds with frequent lifting/carrying of more than 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant climbing, stooping, kneeling and reaching; frequent standing, walking, carrying heavy items, manual handling, use of hearing, smelling, near and far vision, depth perception, color and field of vision, driving, sitting and bending; and occasional lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy items, crawling, use of midrange vision and typing. Working conditions include frequent exposure to weather, extreme hot/cold, noise and vibration. Tasks may be conducted during periods of inclement weather including extreme cold and heat. Potential hazards include frequent exposure to electrical shock, equipment and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, high exposed places, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides and computer use. Frequent working conditions include contact with clients and the general public and direct contact with trash collected from various properties, and as such could be exposed to infectious agents. Protective clothing/equipment needed to perform the job includes steel toe boots, safety glasses, gloves, dusk masks, hard hats and eye protection as needed.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Two years maintenance experience in the field of Property Management required, 3 years preferred.
Certification/License: Trade or Technical School Certificate in Construction or Mechanical Technology preferred. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain good moral character standing. Must have valid drivers license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use data and word processing software. Must have knowledge and be able to use power tools and equipment of the trade. Must have knowledge and be able to repair drywall and paint. Must have knowledge and be able to perform snow removal using a snow plow, snow blower, or shovel. Must have knowledge and be able to perform lawn care using a tractor, riding and push lawnmowers, weedeaters, pruning and trimming tools and perform equipment maintenance. Must be able to complete duties in a timely manner. Must have knowledge and be able to perform electrical, plumbing and furnace repairs. Must have knowledge of OSHA and Tribal safety standards. Must be able to carry pager on a rotating shift for emergency calls. Must be able to haul and backup utility trailers and large equipment. Carpentry skills, including rough and finish work, required. Customer service skills required. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts