Appointment Programmer Clerk (Sault Ste. Marie) Closes - 11/12/2019
- - Health
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Appointment Program Clerk, under the supervision of the Clinical Nurse Supervisor, is responsible for the oversight, maintenance, and coordination of all Behavioral Health clinical provider schedules for the various sites of the Sault Tribe Behavioral Health Program. The position is also responsible for providing appointment reminder calls to patients and working directly with providers on scheduling changes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Schedules, cancels, and reschedules routine appointments.
- Provides daily reminder calls to clients scheduled for appointments.
- Meets with providers and supervisor to coordinate provider schedules for vacations, mandatory trainings and other leaves.
- Maintains schedules using an automated scheduling system.
- Checks clients in when they arrive for scheduled appointments using an automated scheduling system.
- Updates providers' calendars using an automated scheduling system when scheduled clients cancel an appointment or no-show.
- Completes client screening interviews over the phone or in person and coordinates processing of new referrals with other behavioral health support staff and supervisor.
- Orientates all appropriate staff to clinic scheduling procedures.
- Meets with all appropriate staff to develop scheduling templates as needed.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides administrative/clerical assistance to other departments, i.e. medical records, patient registration, medical/nursing or to other clinic sites as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers, referral sources and medical providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting, pushing/pulling, reaching, manual handling, bending; occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling and travel. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold. Potential hazards include constant patient/client contact, computer and equipment use; frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and infectious exposure; occasional exposure to electric shock, high exposed places and chemicals. General office setting in the clinic patient waiting area with exposure to ill patients routinely expected.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year of experience working in a medical office or outpatient setting preferred.
Certification/License: Certification in Medical Technology preferred. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of medical and behavioral health terminology, medical billing, and previous customer service training preferred. Experience with Indian Health Services, RPMS, and Scheduling GUI and GUI training preferred. Knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have the ability to use tact, discretion, and sensitivity in dealing with customers. Must have the ability to respond to difficult and stressful situations in an efficient, effective and positive manner. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, the general public and Health Center patients. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts