Guest Services Agent-Full Time/Regular-11/13/19
- - Casino - Hotel
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Guest Services Agent, under the direction of the Guest Services Supervisor, is responsible for routing all calls to guest rooms, other departments and Sault Tribe businesses. The position is also responsible for assisting with accommodating hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms, securing methods of payment, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest's accounts and making and confirming reservations and presenting statements to guests. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Answers telephone to answer, screen and forward calls to guest rooms, departments and Sault Tribe Businesses.
- Answers inquiries, giving general information.
- Promotes and sells all aspects of the property, including packages and other promotions to guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Reports safety and security hazards to proper authority.
- Transmits and receives messages and sets wake up calls.
- Runs end of shift reports.
- Communicates with Housekeeping Department on room status.
- Assists with greeting, registering, and assigning rooms and issuing room keys to all guests of hotel.
- Assists with computing bills, posting charges, collecting payments, and making change for guests.
- Assists with maintaining and controlling an operating bank as needed.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Logs and reports maintenance issues.
- Complies with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary with primarily lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, use of hearing, typing; frequent walking, pushing/pulling, use of near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and bending; occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling, reaching and use of smell. Working conditions include frequent exposure to noise and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold and wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant computer and equipment use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and chemicals.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One year customer service experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of customer service standards and be able to provide quality customer service to customers. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Must have communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must be able to multi-task and work in an organized manner. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must maintain confidentiality. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts