Child Care Aide w/o CDA-Part Time/Regular/11/14/19
- - Child Care Center
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Part Time
The Child Care Aide, under the direction of the Child Care Center Manager, assists the Instructors in all aspects of the classroom operations including performing a variety of support and child supervision services to assist in the instruction and development of young children.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Assists in all phases of classroom operations including but not limited to: setting up and preparing classroom activities, working with groups of children.
- Assists in the implementation of quality early childhood education experiences; following written lesson plans that incorporate reading, writing, math, science, language, culture, computers (when available), and other curriculum related areas.
- Instructsand assists children either individually or in small or large groups to help them master skillsand reinforce learning concepts.
- Conducts and records daily on-going observations and anecdotal notes used in the development of individualized teaching activities and maintaining Individual Child Portfolios.
- Monitors and carries out behavior plans and interventions as determined by classroom staff, on-site consultants, and child's parents.
- Assumes responsibility of the classroom operations in the absence of the Instructors.
- Works with special needs children in order to ensure that IEP/IFSP needs are being met.
- Performs record keeping functions such as daily signing in and out of children and meal attendance.
- Communicates daily with families in a positive manner through notes, telephone, and personal contact about their child's daily activities, social emotional well-being, and health needs in order to foster a positive home school connection.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Evacuates children in emergency or monthly drills.
- Maintains and sanitizes work areas by performing light janitorial work which includes sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning of bathroom, cleaning of tables, toys, equipment, etc.
- Promotes everyday hygiene opportunities for children (tooth brushing, toileting, hand washing, etc) each day by modeling.
- Administers personal care to children including diaper changing and toilet training.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
- Monitors children on the bus while on field trips or during emergency evacuations.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, immediate supervisor/manager, customers, outside vendors/suppliers and Tribal community.
Position heavy with lifting of 100 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Physical factors include constant walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, use of hearing, smell, near/mid/far vision, depth perceptions, color and field of vision and bending; frequent carrying/lifting and handling; and occasional sitting, pushing/ pulling, climbing, reaching, travel and typing. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise, frequent exposure to weather and occasional exposure to wet/humidity. Potential hazards include constant client contact and occasional exposure to chemicals, infectious exposure, needles/syringes, computer, medical and other equipment use. Must obtain an annual TB Test. Must be in good physical health as determined by physician.
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Due at the time of application.
Experience: Experience working with children and children with special needs preferred.
Certification/License: Must obtain Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) within 2 years of hire. Must have ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within 1 year of hire. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and understanding of the educational, social, nutrition, health, and overall basic needs of children 0- 5 years old preferred. Knowledge of the Anishinabe Culture and language preferred. Must have excellent public relations/customer service skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, guests and volunteers. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to meet children's needs on a daily basis. Must have strong interpersonal skills. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts