Lead Steward-Full Time/Reg-12/2/19
- - Casino - Restaurant
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Lead Stewart, under the direction of the Assistant Executive Chef, is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the banquet, kitchen, bar and dishwashing areas of Kewadin Casino, and for organizing, storing and arranging Banquet Department equipment. The position is responsible for cleanliness of dishes, glasses, silverware, pots and pans, and utensils and for keeping floors, hallways, and equipment clean. The position is responsible for keeping the dish machine fully operational and maintaining an adequate inventory of cleaning supplies. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, both internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Supervises and trains Dishwashers and trains Utility Workers.
- Ensures for the cleanliness of Banquet, Kitchen, Bakery, and bar areas.
- Assigns cleaning duties and tasks to Dishwashers and Utility Workers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates safety with the operation of equipment.
- Demonstrates safety, security, and hospitality and notifies Security of lost and found items needing immediate pick-up.
- Maintains and orders supplies, i.e. soap, detergent and rinse.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Cleans, organizes, and stores plates, glasses, silverware, chafing dishes, coffee urns, and serving utensils.
- Ensures Banquet Department items are maintained at stock levels and places new orders when needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager and managers in other departments.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, pushing, pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching, manual handling, typing, bending; sitting, climbing, kneeling and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme heat/cold, dimly lit conditions; occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity, and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanical parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer and equipment use and occasional exposure high exposed places and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of food and beverage experience required, with previous stewarding experience preferred.
Certification/License: Sanitation Certificate required within 90 days of hire, training will be provided. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have detailed organizational skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Basic math skills required. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit a friendly and positive attitude. Must be able to establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts