Hotel Manager (St Ignace) Closes - Open Until Filled
- - Casino - Hotel
- MI, USA
- Depending on Experience
- Year Round - Full Time
The Hotel Manager, under the direction of the Casino General Manager, is responsible for the management and supervision of all facets of the Kewadin Casinos Hotel operations at the St. Ignace casino locationand; for ensuring operations run efficiently and profitably. The position is responsible for the strategic planning process for Hotel operations. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Manages and supervises Hotel team members; hiring, firing, training, monitoring/approving leave requests and processing payroll and assists with scheduling of Hotel team members and completing performance evaluations.
- Coordinates and monitors advertising and promotions for Hotel operations.
- Creates and maintains rates and packages, internally and externally.
- Directs team members to ensure compliance with internal control procedures.
- Provides leadership, communication, motivation, and guidance necessary to empower hotel team members to make correct, real time decisions.
- Creates spreadsheets, reports, and financial forecasting tools to analyze operations.
- Develops Hotel annual budgets and measures and monitors financial statements for optimal business performance.
- Approves all requisitions and purchases.
- Assists with planning and coordinating the general maintenance needs of the Hotel facility.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Promotes positive public relations.
- Develops and implements new departmental procedures to improve Hotel operations.
- Attends regular departmental, company meetings and mandatory trainings.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near vision, typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting; pushing pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of smell, midrange/far vision, depth perception and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise, vibration and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use and occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, chemicals, insecticides/pesticides, infectious exposure and equipment use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Hospitality industry related degree or Business required. Five years demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for degree.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience in the Hotel field required.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of property management systems required. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet and data base software required. Knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures required. Knowledge of human resources management policies and procedures preferred. Must be able to write grammatically correct business correspondence and emails. Must have leadership skills and be able to provide staff direction and resolve daily issues. Must have analytical thinking skills and be able to make sound decisions. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing and in a diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.