Mid Jim Cashier-Part Time/Regular-Open Until Filled
- - Midjim
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Part Time
The Cashier, under the direction of the Assistant Manager or the General Manager, is responsible for the efficient and prompt processing of all customer transactions, maintaining proper control of all cash and paper transactions and for ensuring each customer receives outstanding Customer Service and all transactions are tendered correctly and efficiently. The position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Operates cash register to itemize and total customer purchases, collect payments and make change.
- Reconciles register drawer and verifies register totals against cash on hand, receipts, credit cards, and vouchers or debits.
- Scans in vendor deliveries, prices products, stocks shelves and coolers.
- Performs general cleaning duties, keeps cashier area, coffee bar, snack bar, bathroom, back room, walk in cooler, shelves, and products clean and organized and maintains a safe work environment.
- Empties garbage cans both inside and outside of the store and ensures washer fluid dispensers are filled.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory counts.
- Checks identification of customers purchasing tobacco and/or alcohol products to verify age requirements in order to comply with Tribal and State Law.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Informs management of any unsatisfied customers in a timely fashion.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and bending; frequent carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, stooping and kneeling and occasional climbing and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity, noise and air quality and occasional vibration. Potential hazards include exposure to high exposed places and chemicals; frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, computer use and equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One year of cashier experience preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a Criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of cash register operations preferred. Knowledge and ability to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software preferred. Must have excellent math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to work in a high stress environment and handle difficult situations and resolve customer complaints. Must have excellent public relation/customer service skills and be able to exhibit friendly and positive attitude and establish and maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and guests. Must be able to provide attentive, cheerful, courteous and professional service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts