Administrative Assistant (Demawating Development)-Full Time/Regular-Open Until Filled
- - Demawating Development
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the EDC Real Estate Manager, is responsible for providing administrative support to the EDC-Real Estate Office and the EDC Executive Director. The position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external clients or customers in all matters pertaining to the Real Estate and EDC Executive Offices. This includes, but is not limited to performing staff assistance on difficult-to-complex development of policy/procedural implementations, tracking of multi-level projects pertaining to the Real Estate Office, EDC Executive Office and Tribal Enterprises; initiating and coordinating clerical and secretarial functions required in effective implementation of Sault Tribe Real Estate and EDC goals. This position performs complex secretarial work of an administrative nature and assists in the planning, organization, and operation of the offices, departments and entities of the Sault Tribe EDC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Develops and maintains databases; prepares and reviews reports, memos, letters and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and database or presentation software.
- Collects residential and commercial rents and enters information into Rent Manager; processes invoices and tenant billing for utilities and tenant charges.
- Prepares Sale and Month end reconciliation reports for all entities assigned
- Prepares and delivers bank deposits to bank.
- Receives calls from tenants and schedules work orders in CRM Software.
- Reconciles all capital expenditure projects obtains approval and submits to accounting at project end; maintains unit tracking and capital expenditure logs and files and enters inventory into Rent Manager software
- Assists Real Estate Manager in maintaining Tribal Land Records and recording documents to Official Tribal Land Register.
- Maintains files, prepares and reviews legal descriptions, correspondences and reports for editing purposes, files and retrieves documents, records and reports.
- Assists EDC offices, departments and entities with ordering materials and scheduling of maintenance calls.
- Prepares disbursement vouchers and inter-tribal payment, processes vendor payments
- Disseminates internal and external correspondence and information for the Real Estate and EDC Executive Director's office.
- Plans, prepares and coordinates meetings; schedules, attends, takes and distributes meeting minutes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Processes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail and delivers overnight mail to post office.
- Assists in showing properties to perspective clients.
- Coordinates daily work in support of the Real Estate and EDC Executive Office goals and objectives
- Enters and verifies Kronos/Payroll for staff directly under the supervision of the Real Estate Manager and for other staff/departments as directed.
- Receives, verifies and processes sick, vacation and exempt leave requests
- Assists in the updating of job descriptions, personnel forms and records
- Maintains Real Estate Managers and EDC Executive Director's calendar and scheduling
- Notarize court documents and assist with lease preparation
- All other job duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other Departments, executives, Board of Directors, bankers, customers, outside vendor/service providers, Federal, State and Tribal and local governments and agencies, general public and Tribal members.
Position primarily sedentary sits/lifts up to maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant typing; frequent standing, walking, sitting, use of hearing, near, midrange and far vision and driving; and occasional carrying, lifting and pushing, pulling of 25 pounds; occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, use of color and field of vision and bending. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather and noise. Potential hazards include constant typing. Protective equipment/clothing needed to perform the job include hazards kit with protective gloves, mask, etc. and personal protective equipment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in Office Management or Secretarial Sciences preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience required in a progressive office setting. Experience in Property Management preferred.
Certification/License: Must have valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge of project management and training material development. Must have working knowledge of practices and formats for development and strategic planning, construction and project management, financial and human resources management and effective training methods. Working knowledge and proficiency in organizational/flow chart, project management and other specialty software programs preferred. Must be able to use Microsoft office programs proficiently. Must be able to independently plan, organize, schedule, coordinate and make decisions and judgments relating to assigned projects and other responsibilities. Must be able to apply sound analytical decision making processes and approaches and develop alternative solutions to problems. Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in diverse range of audiences and settings. Must be able to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Working knowledge of Tribal Governmental, Internal Services and Enterprise operations required. Knowledge of Tribal budgeting processes required. Knowledge of Tribal organizational structure required. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts