Training Supervisor (HR) Open Until Filled
- - Training
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Dependent upon experience
- Full Time
The Human Resources Training Supervisor is responsible for the development and facilitation of all professional development and technical training programs. The incumbent will identify, develop, implement, oversee, and manage training plans and programs for employees and incoming new hires. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing customized and standardized training for specific departments and positions, including comprehensive curriculum for professional development, to include technical and motivational sessions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Creates a supportive environment for on-going and well-coordinated training activities, to support the professional development, growth and improvement for staff members. Responsible for developing the training budget, and monitoring actual expenses as compared to budget.
- In collaboration with Management and Department Directors, identifies training and development needs to support regulatory requirements, new hire orientation and onboarding, employee growth plans, leadership and succession strategies, and technical job requirements.
- Performs needs analysis and reviews organizational resources to ensure adequate support for learning needs reflective of job competencies, organizational changes, and other internal and external factors, to include the short and long-term goals of the organization.
- Within the scope of available resources, plans, directs, delivers, and evaluates professional development and compliance training for all employees as appropriate to the performance of their assigned efforts.
- Formulates training policies and procedures that align with Tribal Government, Economic Development, and Gaming policies, processes, and systems.
- Develops annual organizational training, leadership and executive training plan curriculum.
- Integrates training initiatives into Learning Management System.
- Oversees and conducts effective interactive group training sessions for front line staff using knowledge and expertise in customer service, conflict resolution, interpersonal communication, diversity, and specific skill-related competencies.
- Oversees the design and implementation of specific on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs.
- Provides advice and guidance to managers concerning training and education, to include integrating training into performance plans to facilitate the achievement of department and company goals and objectives.
- Handles introductions of topics specialists at the start of training sessions and provides courses in such a way to stimulate and motivate attendees.
- Oversees the development of teaching outlines and the use of instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Oversees the development and use of teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration methods, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Enhances knowledge in the training and organizational development area by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other department, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, executives, Board of Directors, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with the community, visitors, employees and vendors.
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must be able to handle frequent interruptions, must also multi-task, and interact with a wider variety of people on various and frequently complicated issues.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, or related degree required. Five years' demonstrated ability in relevant work experience may be substituted for degree.
Experience: Five years' experience working in training, organizational development, and/or human resources; including the formulation and implementation of training programs, practices, and policies required.
Certification/License: SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resources Management Senior Certified Professional) certification preferred. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing. Must have a valid driver's license, comply with annual driver's license review and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong analytical skills and the ability to make qualitative judgments of training, education and development resources in all types of formats. Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning processes, instructional design techniques, and evaluation methodologies. Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines needed. Strong public speaking, collaboration, and interpersonal skills to effectively engage, educate, and inform audiences with diverse backgrounds. Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a self-directed leader of multiple initiatives. Ability to demonstrate a strong customer orientation needed. Experience in coaching and providing training for employees and managers is desirable. Superior written and verbal communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations provide guidance, and documentation needed. Must have competent knowledge of organizational development and strategic planning with excellent analytic skills. Must have excellent leadership skills.
There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must be able to handle frequent interruptions, must also multi-task, and interact with a wider variety of people on various and frequently complicated issues. Ability to communicate with the public and possess strong interpersonal skills, present a professional demeanor, establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, and the community is needed. Strong computer background with skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point software. Must be accountable, dependable, reliable, customer oriented, and make use of time in an efficient and productive manner. Ability to work and contribute as a "team" player, exercise good judgment, and decision making skills needed. Knowledge of computer-related problem-solving through use of available trainings, basic operations of computer workstation, and general office equipment maintenance is needed. Strict adherence to confidentiality is a must. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts