Banquet Server-Part Time/On Call-Open Until Filled
- - Banquets
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- 6.34 + tips
- Part Time
The Banquet Server, under the direction of the Banquet Captain, is responsible for all phases of Banquet service in special functions and meetings. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Follows basic banquet procedures including service of meals, set-up, and breakdown and side duties.
- Works cooperatively with all departments to assure smooth operations.
- Sets up and places decorations and arrangements on tables.
- Serves food to guests.
- Performs multiple duties related to catering as assigned by management.
- Ensures no minors or intoxicated guests are served alcoholic beverages.
- Complies with T.I.P.'s guidelines for serving guests.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Attends seminars, supervisors meetings, classes and training exercises as required.
- Complies with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, Board of Directors and customers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking pushing/pulling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception and color/field of vision; frequent carrying/lifting, stooping, reaching and manual handling, typing and bending and occasional sitting, climbing, kneeling, and crawling. Working conditions include constant exposure to noise and air quality; frequent exposure to extreme hot/cold and dimly lit conditions and occasional exposure to weather, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to moving mechanic parts, electric shock, chemicals, computer use and equipment and occasional exposure to high exposed places, and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous restaurant or catering experience preferred.
Certification/License: Sanitation Certificate required within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. T.I.P.'s Certification required within the first 3 months of hire, training will be provided. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.