Program Clerk (Escanaba) Closes - 01/21/2020
- - Government - Community Health
- MI, USA
- Year Round - Full Time
The Program Clerk, under the direction of the Community Health Nurse is responsible for assisting with all day-to-day operational, administrative and clerical tasks at the assigned health division site. The position is responsible for performing the functions as the front desk receptionist and performing general patient reception duties. The position is also responsible for assistance in the maintenance of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) accreditation standards at the assigned health division site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Meets and greets clients/visitors and answers and transfers telephone calls and takes messages for health division staff.
- · Processes cash collections and receipts for health offices as needed.
- Coordinates the upkeep and maintenance of general office equipment, i.e. printers, fax machines, and copiers.
- Orders office supplies and manages the inventory of kitchen, office and housekeeping supplies.
- Performs general clerical tasks to include maintenance of policy/procedure manuals, emailing, copying and faxing of information and typing of reports and file maintenance.
- Assists in access for clients to Tribal and Health Services though outreach and case-finding services.
- Assists with the overall appearance and general operations of the office and building.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Serves as Facility Representative on Safety Committee as needed.
- Tracks and distributes filled prescriptions and cash receipts.
- Completes data entry within the electronic health records system and the Michigan Immunization Childhood Registry (MCIR).
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendor/service providers.
Position sedentary primarily sitting/lifting a maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant use of hearing, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision, typing; frequent walking, sitting, carrying/lifting, pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling, bending; and occasional standing. Working conditions include occasional exposure to weather, noise and air quality. Potential hazards include frequent equipment use and occasional exposure to electric shock and chemicals. Personal protection equipment/clothing needed to perform job to include spill kit and gloves.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a general office setting required.
Certification/License: Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality standards preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Knowledge of Universal Precautions and Infection Control preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email. Must have organizational skills and be able to plan, prioritize and manage work load to meet goals in a timely manner. Must be able to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Problem solving skills required. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts