Transportation Coordinator (Eldercare Services)-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - Elderly Meal Program
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Transportation Coordinator, under the direction of the Eldercare Services Division Director, is responsible for the coordination of the Eldercare Transportation Program. The position is responsible for providing reports and data for program, managing mileage and government vehicles and processing paperwork for drivers to include, driver calendars, client calendars, driver schedules, run sheets and billing.
The position is responsible for the direct supervision of the program's Drivers in the seven county service areas. The position also works to coordinate other services with the Eldercare program including working with other medical agencies in the surrounding areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Schedule drivers for non-emergency medical transportation for elders.
- Confirms all appointments with medical facilities, drivers and elders.
- Completes on-line mileage excess and processes monthly GSA billing to specific programs.
- Ensures all safety and maintenance checks are conducted and repairs completed.
- Compiles run sheets and prepares billing statements.
- Prepares and distributes disbursement vouchers for food and transportation.
- Logs incoming and outgoing mail and manages telephone requests.
- Assists with food ordering for all elder meal sites.
- Collects payments and records deposits.
- Facilitates access to services through advocacy, interpretation and knowledge of existing resources.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Coordinates two annual supervisory checks per year for each driver.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position light with lifting of 20 pounds and with frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, near vision, typing; frequent use of midrange vision; stooping, reaching, bending, manual handling, use of far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision. Working conditions include frequent exposure to noise and occasional exposure to weather, extreme heat/cold, wet/humidity and vibration. Potential hazards include constant computer use, frequent client contact and occasional exposure to electric shock, noise, infectious exposure and needles/syringes.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience working in an office setting required.
Certification/License: Must be willing to obtain CPR Certification within 6 months of hire, training will be provided. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Must comply with annual driver's license review and insurability standards with the Sault Tribe Insurance Department. Will be required to undergo and successfully pass a background check. Must maintain a good moral character standing. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of existing community resources preferred. Basic knowledge of medical universal precautions preferred. Knowledge of JCAHO policies preferred. Knowledge of or ability to learn to use word processing and spreadsheet and database software preferred. Must maintain confidentiality. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts