Guest Room Attendants (White Pine Lodge Christmas, MI) 4 FT/Seasonal (May 15th - Oct. 15th)
- - White Pine Lodge
- MI, USA
The Guest Room Attendant, under the direction of the Lead Guest Room Attendant, Assistant Manager, and General Manager, is responsible for performing a wide variety of cleaning duties needed for maintaining the cleanliness of the rooms, open areas and corridors within the Hotel complex. The position is responsible for servicing 10+ rooms during shift. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Removes all used linen from bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Removes all trash and cleans cans.
- Washes and sanitizes all sinks, vanities, tubs and shower curtains and toilets and replenishes linens and amenities and replaces shower curtains.
- Washes all hard surface floors.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of corridors and stairwells.
- Dusts all room furnishings including pictures and headboards.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas to include around bed boxes and baseboards.
- Cleans windows and mirrors.
- Dusts and vacuums curtains.
- Checks room literature and replaces missing or damage materials.
- Checks all clock radios, TV's and lamps for proper working condition.
- Cleans air conditioners.
- Checks and washes walls.
- Sorts, folds and carries linens.
- Stocks cleaning cart with necessary supplies such as linens and chemicals, etc. and documents all supplies, linens and amenities.
- Restocks storage rooms with all necessary housekeeping supplies.
- Loads and unloads washers.
- Reports and documents all maintenance needs to the supervisor.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Keeps carts and storage areas clean and organized throughout shift.
- Flips mattresses on regular rotation.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position medium with lifting of 50 pounds maximum and frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds. Physical factors include constant standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, manual handling, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, field of vision and bending; frequent carrying/lifting/pushing/pulling, use of color vision and occasional climbing. Working conditions include constant exposure to air quality; frequent exposure to wet/humidity, noise; occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold and vibration. Potential hazards include constant exposure to chemicals and equipment; frequent exposure to electric shock, infectious exposure, client contact, needles/syringes; occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, high exposed places and insecticides/pesticides.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior experience working in the room cleaning service area preferred.
Certification/License: Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and basic understanding of equipment and chemicals used in the field preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Basic math skills preferred. Must be able to read and follow written instructions. Must be able to work in high stress environment and handle difficult situations. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be flexible and available to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Native American preferred.