Secretary (Convention Sales)-Full Time/Regular-Open until filled
- - Banquets
- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA
- Full Time
The Secretary, under the direction of the Sales Manager, is responsible for providing clerical support and assisting to effectively and efficiently bring convention groups to Kewadin Casinos. The position is responsible for providing attentive, cheerful, courteous, professional customer service to all customers, both internal and external, striving to always exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Provides clerical support such as assisting with data entry, provide meeting minutes, and preparing reports.
- Answers, screens and routes incoming calls and contacts appropriate personnel.
- Closes all group masters in the property management system for all market segments.
- Adds all group blocks for entertainment room blocks for the Convention Sales Department.
- Assists in monitoring room blocks for the Convention Sales Department.
- Enters the room lists into property management system.
- Maintains contact with motor coach customers for rooming lists.
- Performs basic clerical duties i.e. typing and filing.
- Prepares and distributes weekly reports.
- Processes incoming telephone calls and distributes mail.
- Fills out lead sheet form. Create and Maintain BEO's for Convention Sales events.
- Maintains filing systems for all customer accounts.
- Distributes all contracts to appropriate departments.
ADDITIIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- Ensures credit applications and tax exempt status information is filled out and routed to appropriate departments.
- Attends trainings and meetings as assigned.
- Transcribes and proofreads documents as needed.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
Immediate peers, peers in other departments, immediate supervisor/manager, managers in other departments, customers and outside vendors/service providers.
Position sedentary with primarily sitting/lifting maximum of 10 pounds. Physical factors include constant sitting, use of hearing, smell, near/midrange/far vision, depth perception, color/field of vision and typing; frequent walking, carrying, pulling, stooping, kneeling, reaching, manual handling and bending; occasional standing, lifting, pushing, climbing, and travel. Working conditions include occasional exposure to noise and air quality. Potential hazards include constant computer use.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of clerical or administrative experience is required, 3 years preferred.
Certification/License: Must undergo a criminal background investigation done under the rules of the National Indian Gaming Commission. Will be required to complete and pass pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have working knowledge and be able to use word processing and spreadsheet and data base software. Must have working knowledge and be able to use office machines, such as calculator, copier, fax, printer and computer. Knowledge of hotel, catering or property management systems preferred. Must have excellent organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time. Must have excellent project management skills; prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and effectively communicate with personnel, coworkers and the general public. Must be willing to travel for offsite meetings or trainings as needed. Must be able to work extended hours when needed. Must be able to work with minimum supervision. Must be able to work on time sensitive projects and meet deadlines when directed. Must be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisory personnel, coworkers and the general public. Native American preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts